Tuesday, December 09, 2014

"The Favorite" (Bass-O-Reno) by Darren Maurer

8" x 10"
I have been working on this painting for the last two weeks. Old fishing lures have a certain memory triggering action for me. I always think back to a time when I caught a big bass with a lure just like this one or it reminds me of a particular fishing trip or a long time fishing buddy. I'm certain the appeal of antique lure paintings is because of this same reaction with the people that see the work. I have been painting portraits of old tackle for a long time now and it never gets old, in fact, when I began painting the very first object I ever tried to do a painting of was an old bass lure. This one is a commission painting for someone that is going to give it away as a Christmas gift this year. Glad I got it done!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker