Sunday, December 21, 2014

Glass Christmas Ornament - by Darren Maurer

5" x 7"
As I mentioned in the fortune cookie post....I like painting shiny objects. There isn't anything much more shiny than a glass Christmas ornament. I painted what I saw reflected in the ball and the result is a rose colored very warped rendition of my art studio resonating back in the glass. I prefer the round reflective globes but glass decorations come in about any shape you could imagine. The Germans began making ornaments for mass production in the mid-1800s. They were all made by hand. Glass blowers began molding glass into fruit or nut replicas. After those became popular, they began developing different shapes, such as hearts and stars, as well as saints, children or animals. Commission Painting SOLD.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker