Saturday, July 26, 2014

Strawberry - by Darren Maurer

5" x 7"
Sometimes paintings don't end up how they were intended. I started this piece out as a close up of some lettuce leaves. It looked so abstract I was afraid the viewer was going to have trouble figuring out the subject matter. So...after about two hours of painting I grabbed an old rag and wiped the entire canvas clean. The canvas then had a nice muted green color to it. I wanted to keep working and decided something red would really look intense against the greenish background. I grabbed a fresh strawberry from the refrigerator and set it up and began roughing in the shape on top of the wet canvas. Sometimes paintings end up much nicer than they would have been. Painting SOLD.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker