Monday, January 17, 2011

Valentine's Day Kiss - by Darren Maurer

5" x 5"
I have always liked painting candy. The Hershey's Kiss would be one of my favorites due to the silver reflective foil wrapper. I like how it reflects all the colors surrounding it within the little folds and crinkles of the foil. I wanted to create a composition for this painting that is different from the other Kisses paintings I have done. I decided to crop off the bottom portion of the candy but yet making sure to leave enough of the instantly identifiable shape visible focusing on the paper stem. The unmistakable paper stem that has the word "KISSES" printed on it makes this candy perfect for Valentine's Day. Painting Sold.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Competitions said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:24 AM  
Blogger Helen Read said...

Great job on painting the metallic crinkly surface!

2:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker