Saturday, May 08, 2010

Big Painting!












102"x 156"

Is it my imagination or is that a really big painting? I didn't really get the size of this thing until I saw the stretched canvas in my garage.

I'm still around and working even though I haven't posted anything for awhile. I'm working on a huge commission piece that is due at the end of the month. These photos were taken a few weeks ago and the actual painting is much further along than these photos show. I have been taking photos all along and will start to post them every few days to show the progress of the painting.

The subject is an early summer prairie scene with a herd of grazing bison (American Buffalo). My first challege will be to show the never ending distance of the horizon line out on the prairie. One of my inspirations for this painting is the work of western artist Howard Terpning.

Stay tuned for the progress!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker