Saturday, May 29, 2010




102"X 156"
I'm posting two new photos of the buffalo painting. The prairie grass is progressing nicely. I've included a close up of the grass which is a very abstract pattern of brush strokes. The sense of depth is achieved by keeping track of where I'm painting on the canvas and warming or cooling the paint. (Note: I'm not microwaving or refrigerating the paint. I'm talking about color warmth or coolness.) I have used this technique before on smaller paintings and it will eventually include a vast array of colors. Adding color to landscapes that some people wouldn't normally see makes it more interesting. If you really look at the green prairie there are purples, blues, oranges, reds, and countless other shades and tones. I like adding those colors at the end of the painting. I have to be careful at that point because there is a fine line between perfect and over done.






2 Comments:

Blogger Joshua said...

This piece is really turning out nice! Wonderful work!

4:09 AM  
Blogger Caroline Peña Bray said...

It's certainly coming along nicely! And thanks for sharing tips about your painting process, always helpful for us learners :) All the best for the next few stages and I'm looking forward to your minatures soon also!

1:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker