Sunday, January 10, 2010

Valentine's Day Kiss - by Darren Maurer

6" x 6"
Painting silver foil is fun. Its shiny, its dark, its shiny, its dark.....well you get the idea. Reflective things aren't really a color at all but rather take on the colors of everything around them. A fun subject to paint and very satisfying when it looks reflective when you finish. I always like to paint a few Valentine's Day subjects every year and the Hershy's Kiss is probably one of the all time favorites with my blog subscribers and art collectors. This is painting 314 in my miniature painting series. I will offer this painting to my subscriber's first. If it remains un-purchased, I will list it on an eBay auction Monday evening around 7:00pm. The pre-auction price is $100 and the first person to email me will get the painting. UPDATE: PAINTING SOLD

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker