Sunday, October 25, 2009

Red Apples - by Darren Maurer




6" x 6"
I tried something different for mixing paint for this painting. I pre-mixed all the colors that I saw within my apple subjects. I have also shown my palette with the eleven different tones I could see in the apples. I usually just mix color as I go and continually keep mixing paint throughout the entire process of creating a painting. I like how this worked and although it takes more time at the beginning I think it saved time over the long run. I don't know that this would work for me on every painting but it will work on smaller pieces that have an overall tone of similar color. I could also see doing this for portraits as well. I was going to post the next Monopoly game piece painting tonight but I wanted to show everyone these apples. It is also painted in a loose style and is very painterly. This is painting 298 in my miniature painting series. Painting Available $100. (Email Me for Purchase Details)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker