Monday, March 30, 2009

Crystal Bowl Strawberries - by Darren Maurer

6" x 6"
My good friend, Mick McGinty, is one of best painters of glass I have seen. I always marvel at all the little reflections and refractions he paints into his work to make the glass real. I found this little bowl at a second hand store today and loved how it looked with a couple of fresh strawberries inside. The glass bowl has little raised ridges that are twisted around the bowl from the top to the bottom. They are also wider at the top and narrow down as the reach the bottom edge. I have painted many glass objects in the past but this piece might be the most complex one I have attempted. painting glass is actually just like painting anything else.....paint what you see and not what you think you see. Check out Mick's work also, you can find him by clicking here http://www.twiceaweek.blogspot.com/
This is painting 278 in my Painting A Day Series. Painting Available $100. (Click Here for Purchase Details)

1 Comments:

Blogger Cara said...

You and Mick are driving me crazy withyour talent for reflected lights. Both you of have out done yourselves. I swear I can almost smell those strawberries.

10:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker