Monday, January 12, 2009

Lemon and Bowl - Daily Painting by Darren Maurer

6" x 6"
I really feel like this lemon is sitting inside a bowl. I was slightly concerned that the composition might look too abstract from a view point directly above the bowl. Halfway through the painting I knew it was going to work. I'm satisfied with my results. This particular bowl is a piece of artwork by a local potter. I spotted the bowl with the lemon sitting in it while we were visiting friends on New Year's eve and knew instantly I wanted to use it as a painting subject. I made a special trip all the home to retrieve my camera and returned to take some photos. I think it makes the perfect compliment to the lemon. This is painting 262 in my Painting A Day Series. Painting Sold.

2 Comments:

Blogger Cara said...

Beautiful - I am so amazed with the different "golden" shades.

Just today I was at the grocery store picking out a lemon to use as a prop and I laughed to myself and said "I've crossed the line when I buy produce only for its value as subject matter". Ha!

6:28 PM  
Blogger Lainey said...

I really like this one! I can see why the subject caught your eye. Handmade pottery made for a painting with beautiful shapes, colors and character. Nicely captured.

8:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker