Thursday, January 22, 2009

Coffee Cup - by Darren Maurer

24" x 24"
I have been wanting to try this technique for awhile now. The painting consists of 28 smaller panels all painted separately and randomly from each other. Painting the sections reminded me of painting 28 little abstract pieces. I had no idea which piece went where. I also wasn't exactly sure what part of the composition I was working on at any given time. The reason this works so well is the fact that the colors all vary slightly and the lines don't match up perfectly from one panel to the next. When they were finished I fit them back together to form the larger realistic composition. Painting Sold.

2 Comments:

Blogger John Vander Stelt said...

Maurer the Cubist. I like.

7:18 PM  
Blogger Cara said...

Amazing! I'm still a little confused, did you do the initial drawing and then radoming mix up the peices?

2:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker