Thursday, December 18, 2008

Crayola - Daily Painting by Darren Maurer

6" x 3"
Sometimes the best paintings are the most simple. I placed the Crayola right in the center of the composition. I'm not one that usually has symmetrical composition in my work. I think in this case the very balanced composition does make the painting better. I also used a warm background color which makes the painting softer by not having a high contrast area in the subject. This is painting 259 in my Painting A Day Series. Painting Sold

4 Comments:

Blogger John Vander Stelt said...

Less is more. Yes, words to live by. Merry Christmas, Darren.

11:55 AM  
Blogger oyen said...

i'm blog hopping. this is the best post i've come across today. your warm art just made my day :)

merry Christmas!

6:36 PM  
Blogger Cara said...

Darren - its funny the way a painting can evoke memories or feelings - this one does that very thing. It reminds me of being up in my room and coloring late into the night - you know, the way the light seems to strike things when its late and you're growing tired. I love this painting -

5:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful art work.

5:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker