Thursday, November 20, 2008

Coca-Cola Can - Daily Painting by Darren Maurer

5" x 7"
I was drinking a Coke today. I set the can down and decided it would be a good painting. It takes different sets of skills in order to paint different subjects. Some things need to be painted very loose and painterly and others need a tighter painting style to look correct. This subject was painted a little bit slower and more deliberate. The very recognizable Coca-Cola logo needed to be seen and recognized right away. I am happy with the result of this painting. This is painting 252 in my Painting A Day Series. Painting Sold.

3 Comments:

Blogger Cara said...

Darren, I love this. The shades of red wrap perfectly around the can. Trust me, I'm a expert whenit comes to Coca Cola -

6:45 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

Seriously, you paint these in a day? Impressive!

11:16 AM  
Blogger UncleRabbit1 said...

This painting is amazing. Can you please tell me how you did this?

4:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker