Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Nesbitt's Orange Soda - Daily Painting by Darren Maurer

12" x 6"
I know I have talked extensively about color on my blog before.......but here I go again!!! I can't believe how orange this soda actually is in color. I started mixing color on my palette and thought okay, this will be close. It wasn't close. I mixed it more orange. Still not even close. I went way overboard and mixed the brightest weirdest orange color anyone would ever apply to a canvas. It was almost there. I made it slightly more orange and I had it. I have to admit it was difficult to load a brush with it and make a brush stroke, but I did and it looks a lot like orange soda. This is painting 243 in my Painting A Day Series. This post also wins the award for using the word "orange" the most times. Painting Sold.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mike Barr said...

Very nice Darren - Nice enough that I can feel that orange tang on my tongue at the first sip, then the sweetness of the aftertaste. Great use of the word orange too!

8:18 PM  
Blogger RobCarey said...

Wonderful work! This orange soda makes your mouth water. Excellent.

8:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker