Thursday, September 11, 2008

Fortune Cookie - Daily Painting by Darren Maurer

5" x 7"
I have wanted to paint one of these pre-wrapped fortune cookies for a long time now. One thing always stopped me. We would bring the food home with a few complimentary fortune cookies. We would eat the food and I would grab one fortune cookie and save it somewhere. I would later go to get the fortune cookie to paint it and it was always gone. I would ask, "What happened to my fortune cookie?" Some kid in the house always answered, "Oh...... I ate it. Did you want it?" So today I outsmarted everyone and went directly to my studio and painted the fortune cookie. I really like the package and the shadows. It is now available to eat for anyone that wants it. Now it will probably sit untouched for weeks. This is painting 244 in my Painting A Day Series. Painting Sold.

2 Comments:

Blogger Cathleen Rehfeld said...

wow. I love your paintings, they are exquisitely crafted.

8:46 AM  
Blogger Sylvia Jenstad said...

Had to stop... love your colours.... Wow... this is a cool painting....

6:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker