Thursday, September 18, 2008

Abba Zaba Candy Bar - Commission Painting by Darren Maurer

5" x 7"
A client contacted me a few weeks ago asking if I could paint a candy bar for her. The name of the candy bar in question was Abba Zaba. We don't have those here and I had notever before heard of it so I had her purchase one and send it to me. They are packaged in a yellow wrapper with black graphics. The candy bar is more of a mixture of taffy and peanut butter. I thought it would be interesting to take a bite and let the gooey strands of candy pull and stretch and then break where they may. It didn't stretch very far before it broke and I painted it exactly how it looked. This is painting 246 in my Painting A Day Series. Commission Painting - Sold

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker