Saturday, August 23, 2008

Double Stuff Oreos Daily Painting by Darren Maurer


4" x 4"
Does it get any better than double stuff Oreos? They have a look of their own. I wanted to paint these cookies and I liked how they looked stacked up from a low viewing angle. The two dark colored cookie pieces actually have a lot of reddish color in them. The package of Oreos also advertised a contest on the outside of the package. I got a laugh out of the way it was worded. It is clearly written on the package, "No purchase necessary, see side for details." So then I read the side of the package which states, "Only winning packages contain a message. If your package does not contain a Game Message, you are not a winner." Now I'm thinking, "What the ................?" Anyway it turns out you have to mail in your request to play if you don't want to buy the package. I'm very sure Nabisco is going to at least make sure the grand prize winner bought a package of cookies. This is painting 238 in my Painting A Day Series. Painting Sold.

2 Comments:

Blogger Carol Marine said...

Nice one, Darren! Very ... balanced. : ) No, but seriously, the composition is very balanced. I really like it a lot.

7:38 PM  
Blogger Darren Maurer said...

Thanks Carol. I don't usually like my painting subject right in the middle of my canvas, but it just felt right on this one. I'm normally unbalanced.

8:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker