Sunday, August 24, 2008

Back to School - Daily Painting by Darren Maurer

5" x 7"
Late this afternoon my wife ShLoe, whom is a first grade teacher, and my two daughters were all trying to get everyone's school supplies in order for tomorrow. School actually started last Thursday. Thursday and Friday were two school days that were more or less used to get readjusted to the shock of being back in school. Monday will be the day that the buckling down and getting some real serious work done will begin. This idea hit me during the flurry of activity today. It is a limited palette painting with the yellow pencil as the star of the show. I am also quite fond of the light red line used in the notebook to identify the margin. This is painting 239 in my Painting A Day Series. Painting Sold.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kellie Marian Hill said...

I love this one! It's such a familiar sight, so clean and simple, and you've rendered it so sensitively- the red line against the blue ones is especially wonderful, for me. Bravo!

4:25 PM  
Blogger Melody Johnson said...

Please please tell me how you got those lines so perfect, in oil???

2:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker