Thursday, July 10, 2008

Raw Egg #5 - Daily Painting by Darren Maurer


6" x 8"

This is the last commission painting on my "To Do" list as of right now. I had a client see the raw egg painting a few weeks ago and he really liked it. I was hired to paint another piece similar to the other painting. I don't ever finish another painting the exact same as an earlier piece because that wouldn't be fair to the owner of the first original painting. In this case it is difficult to change the composition very much and still have the same look. I did crack a fresh egg and whatever way it runs is how the painting turns out. The little bubbles make the white of the egg just look that much more wet and juicey. I am liking painting these a lot on the dark backgrounds. I am going to do an entire series of raw egg paintings and see what happens with it. Now that I'm caught up on commissions for awhile I hope to explore some new ideas. This is painting 230 in my Painting A Day Series. This is a Sold Commission piece.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker