Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Plain m&m's - Daily Painting by Darren Maurer


5" x 7"

I have been wanting to paint m&m's again for awhile now. Today just felt right for an m&m's subject. As far as painting candy goes these have to be my favorite. The shadows and little highlight of reflection make this piece work. I have been getting several emails lately complimenting me on my "style". It is sort of weird because I really didn't think of anything I do here as a style but looking back I do think a recognizable style has possibly developed. I'll keep doing what I do and I am humbled people like it. This is painting 225 in my Painting A Day Series. Painting Sold.

2 Comments:

Blogger jilly ballantyne said...

your work is fantastic, Darren.
I just HAVE to sign up for daily email postings, but must remember not to look at your blog when I am hungry!

1:49 PM  
Blogger Austin Maloney said...

I really like your work, and your unique style of painting, I was curious if you'd be interested in exchanging links. My blog is austinmaloney.com and my email is amaloneyart@gmail.com

Best wishes,

Austin Maloney

12:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker