Thursday, March 13, 2008

Carhartt Cap - Daily Painting by Darren Maurer


6" x 8"

Carhartt makes work clothes. They wear like iron because they are made so well. As a result of wearing so long they tend to get a lot of character to them before they finally wear out. This cap has the character factor going for it and I decided to paint a still life of the cap. It is also the cool shade of yellow I like. Almost like an egg yolk. It is my friend's hat and I should give it back to him sometime. This is painting 206 in my Painting A Day Series. Painting Sold.

2 Comments:

Blogger "van Vliet" Art Blog said...

I like the hat Darren. Your work is always nice. Hope things are well with you. Gordon.

8:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

excellent painting... I've been developing a Carhartt store for the last few months .. now I notice everything around me being Carhartt all of a sudden!

Good luck selling it.

7:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker