Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Large Plain m&m's Painting by Darren Maurer





16" x 20"

I finished another one of the larger paintings. One great thing about painting miniature pieces of art is that they serve as studies for larger paintings. I can finish a miniature piece and not have nearly as much time invested and see people's reaction to the small paintings. I can tell which paintings make stronger immpressions on viewers. The first piece I painted larger back in December 2007 was the Monopoly piece. Monopoly has been a strong subject matter and another subject that has always received rave reviews has been my m&m's paintings. I have been working on this painting for awhile and finished it tonight. Painting Sold.

2 Comments:

Blogger Frank Gardner said...

MMMMMMM, nice. I like seeing the smaller ones done larger.
I think the Monopoly paintings are great too.

1:38 PM  
Blogger Carl Oxley III said...

This piece is beautiful! Well done!

4:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker