Thursday, December 06, 2007

Santa Hat- Daily Painting A Day- by Darren Maurer


8"x8"

I spotted this Santa hat while out shopping for Christmas decorations last week. I wondered if it could make an interesting painting for my Miniature Masterpieces page. I set the hat in my studio and played with the lighting for awhile and I really like how it worked out. The light is from a very low angle on the hat. I tried folding the hat in a way that would make the lighting more interesting too. When I saw this I knew I had a painting here. This was greay fun to paint and get the color and texture just right. The fur texture was the last step of the painting and it really made the hat have a finished look to it. This is painting 183 in my Painting A Day Series. Painting Sold.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker