Sunday, December 23, 2007

Plain m&m's - Daily Painting - by Darren Maurer


6"x8"

Someone contacted me a few weeks ago wondering if I was going to finish another m&m's painting sometime. I didn't know at the time when that might because I don't plan these paintings out too far in advance. I get my ideas as I see them and never know what tomorrow will bring for an idea. I did quote them my prices for commission paintings, which by the way, are very reasonable. Although I didn't hear anything back from the potential client I did happen to paint plain m&m's again recently. Here is the newest painting. These are fun to work on and I enjoyed painting this subject again and like the composition. My sense of composition is something I don't really stress out about or even put a lot of conscience thought into. Several people have commented over the past two years of this blog page that they like how I compose my work. I even read a comment left recently left by someone unknown to me on another blog page that my compositions were nothing short of pure genius. My family read it also when I found it and all busted out in hysterics laughing. To them I am just "Dad and Husband". The trash taker outer, taxi service, the guy with the bottomless wallet......you get the idea. Although I appreciate the compliment "pure genius" might be stretching it a bit about a guy that really puts zero conscience effort into his compositions. Should I be admitting this? This is painting 189 in my Painting A Day Series. Painting Sold.

2 Comments:

Blogger Dana S. Whitney said...

Perhaps you are Pure INTUITIVE Genius. IMHO, parents need all the credibility they can get! (Moms, too.)

8:39 PM  
Blogger Artfulife said...

I also am pretty much just mom, to three girls. It's hard to be the parent and an artist. Your work is quite awesome, and inspiring. I am going to start the "once a day" painting tomorrow. Thanks for the inspiration.

8:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker