Sunday, November 04, 2007

Coffee Cups by Darren Maurer

8" x 10"
There is a little coffee shop not far from our house that has one of the most unique atmospheres of any coffee shop that I have ever been inside. It is named "The Coffee Works". The owner is a fine art photographer that has traveled the world shooting photographs. He always rotates several of his photographs from all around the world on the walls of the shop. He also gives local artists the opportunity to show paintings in the shop as well. I haven't shown any work there but I have also never asked either. I'm not a coffee drinker but I do stop by from time to time and buy one of the lunch sandwiches which, by the way, are also unbelievably good. This painting is from the coffee shop and shows the cups all washed and stacked waiting for the coffee drinkers to show up. They caught my attention one day and I knew they would make a great painting. This is a very limited palette of color for this painting and was actually quite challenging to finish. This is painting 174 in my Painting A Day Series. Painting Sold.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker