Monday, October 29, 2007

Midwestern Landscape by Darren Maurer


11" x 14"

I always hear people talking of their trips by car across the Midwest and often they will say how boring the drive is. I never grow tired of the landscape across this part of the country. It changes throughout the year depending on seasons. The colors are stunning and the things going on always interesting. The small towns have their own personalities. They all have two bars and one grain elevator and one post office. This painting focuses on the farm fields in early fall. The detail work on the land shows the farm houses and out building dotting the land as far as one can see. When I started this blog one of my main goals was to teach people to really look instead of just seeing. If you are looking you will never get bored. This piece is one of my very favorite landscapes paintings. This painting is available in my eBay store. $450.00 (Click Here to View This Painting in My eBay Store)

1 Comments:

Blogger James said...

Very nice, Darren. That big sky makes you want to paint it even larger, I bet. I like seeing landscapes as well as the small still life subjects. I know I have been leaning more that way lately.

10:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker