Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Baseball - Daily Painting A Day - by Darren Maurer


5" x 7"

A friend and I stopped by the home of his parents last weekend. We helped them by hauling an old grill out to the city dump. When we stopped his dad was working on a carving of a biker and his motorcycle. He was carving from wood piece by piece and they all fit together to make the bike and the rider. I mentioned that I wasn't sure if I could ever be a carver because working three dimensionally was a lot different than working two dimensionally. I try to apply paint to a flat surface to fool the eye into thinking that the painting is three dimensions. Now to my point. I painted this baseball because my two girls love watching the Little League World Series on ESPN. It is great to watch a baseball game where the players are playing for nothing more than just the pure love of playing baseball. Some of our big leaguers could learn something form these kids. The point finally is..... I am very happy with the three dimensional look of the baseball in this painting. If I tried to carve a baseball I don't think it would have worked out and I still have all my thumbs. This is painting 167 in my Painting A Day Series. Painting Sold (Click Here to View Auction Results)

1 Comments:

Blogger Mary J DuVal said...

I have 2 little leaguers in my home and we've been watching the series too. I like this ball because it's been well used, like the ones my boys use to play with their friends. Yours makes me think of good memories. All the balls they use during games are like new. Yours is much more charming!Great job.

6:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker