Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Silver Bowl of Cherries - Daily Painting - by Darren Maurer




8" x 8"


We went over to some of our friends' house for a Fourth of July dinner last week. Hamburgers, hot dogs and brats were on the menu along with all the normal Independence Day food. When we were all finished eating and helping to clear the table and bringing the leftovers back to the kitchen this bowl of cherries caught my eye. I had my camera with me and I took a few shots of the cherries from a few different angles. As an afterthought I went back and looked at them from a low angle and I knew this was the composition for a new painting. I took this with the camera setting on the table. The dark background against the rich deep red of the cherries and the reflective dish makes an interesting painting. The light raking across the counter top and the cherries makes it almost perfect. This is painting 159 in my Painting A Day Series. Painting Sold (Click Here to See the Auction Results)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ELEGANT, a touch of class! I can smell them! Brenda S. T.

8:17 PM  
Blogger Helen Read said...

I just found your blog - I really like the abstract qualities of value and shape! Great work :-)

4:58 PM  
Blogger Peter Yesis said...

be - a - UUUU -tiful !

9:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker