Saturday, July 07, 2007

The Prize Ring - Painting A Day - by Darren Maurer

8"x 8"
My wife and I were eating lunch today at one of our local favorite dive restaurants and I happened to notice one of the gumball type machines that has the clear plastic containers with the ultra cheap prizes inside. I told her that one of those plastic containers along with the prize would make a great subject for a daily painting. So we finished our lunch and I proceeded to stuff quarters into one of the little no armed bandits until I got a prize that I felt was worthy of painting. This ring won my vote for the painting but I also brought the rest of my prizes home too. Maybe I will use one of them some other time. I like how the clear container looks in this painting. It was fun to paint. This is painting 158 in my Painting A Day Series. Painting Sold.

1 Comments:

Blogger Todd Bonita said...

Wow! Thats hard to make that plastic look like plastic, very well done. I think the color and texture have to be on the money. Looks awesome.

best,
Todd

6:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker