Monday, April 02, 2007

Monopoly Go To Jail #2 - Painting A Day by Darren Maurer


6" x 8"

I received an email after I posted the other Passing Go Monopoly painting suggesting the Go To Jail corner with the race car. I had previously painted this idea but decided to try it again. This painting is cropped tighter than the other one and the lit from a different direction. I'm finding that I like the tightly cropped paintings more in some instances. It leaves me and hopefully you wondering and imagining what else is going on just outside the frame of the painting. This painting 146 in my Painting A Day Series. Painting Sold. (Click Here to See Auction Results)

2 Comments:

Blogger Mary Sheehan Winn said...

These are wonderful paintings Darren.
Bravo!
The blogosphere is an exciting new way for artists to be seen and heard.

6:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice work. I like the suspense in this one. Is the car going to jail, or is it passing to the next space? I like your work. I'm going to link to you from my website. Cheers.

3:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker