Sunday, March 25, 2007

Cordial Cherry #2- Daily Painting A Day by Darren Maurer


5" x 7"
I just noticed I have been painting a lot of candy lately. Just for everyone's information,I haven't been eating it all. Anyway, this is another commission piece that I have been working on for awhile and finished it this afternoon while I watched the amazing Tiger Woods win another golf tournament. Like the pine cone, this piece was inspired by another daily painting of a cordial cherry (Painting #118, October 31, 2006). The client saw the other painting while looking through my blog and it immediately reminded him of his father. He also saw the painting I did of toast and jam (Painting #32, April 23, 2006) and it reminded him of his mother and he purchased both of them. His sister then saw the paintings and wanted to know if I could paint two more just like them. I agreed, but I don't like to replicate the exact same painting twice so I set up another cordial cherry painted it. It is sort of same but different. I will finish the toast and jam piece next week. This is painting 144 in my Painting A Day Series. Commission Painting - Sold

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker