Friday, February 16, 2007

Jointed Creek Chub Pikie #2 by Darren Maurer


8" x 10"

I decided to set up a simple still life with an old fishing lure and tackle box. The tackle box was a find at a flea market a few years ago. The lure is a favorite of mine out of the thousands of antique bass baits that were made. The old wooden lures with their finely cracked enamel finishes all have a history with them. They remind us of a different place and time and maybe even a favorite fishing partner. Old lures always make me think of my grandfather that I spent many hours fishing with growing up. I thought about the many trips and adventures we had while I painted this piece. I think I will do some larger pieces similar to this one for a show later in the year. This is painting 131 in my Painting A Day Series. Painting Sold

1 Comments:

Blogger Luis Colan said...

Darren, this is a beautiful painting. I can't wait to see more on this series. Take care.

4:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker