Thursday, December 07, 2006

Hot Cocoa (Chocolate) by Darren Maurer


8" x 8"
Here is a cup of hot cocoa. As kids we always called it hot chocolate and I loved having a cup of it after being outdoors sledding or scooping snow. The bubbles are my favorite part of this painting. One thing I have tried to do from the beginning of this blog is to try and capture the extraordinary out of the ordinary things we see each day. Bubbles on the surface of hot chocolate are extraordinary. This is painting 127 in my Painting A Day Series. Painting Sold

4 Comments:

Blogger PaintingEachDay said...

Lovely painting Darren - Mmmm

6:27 AM  
Blogger Takeyce said...

Very nice. I love the bubbles of cocoa.

9:03 PM  
Blogger Jeanie LeCompte said...

Marvelous composition and colors are sooo rich!

10:29 PM  
Blogger Luis Colan said...

I agree with Takeyce, love those bubbles. It looks so good and warm, can't wait to go back to mom's and have some of hers.

8:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker