Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Watching by Darren Maurer


5" x 7"
This is my first Miniature Masterpieces posting of a painting with a person in it. This gentleman was sitting on top of a long table at the park one day just watching the Missouri River roll on by him. I liked his profile from behind him and took a few photos. I titled this painting "Watching" due to the fact that he was watching the river, but I decided to paint the background in an abstract manner so each viewer of the painting might decide what he is watching based on their own experiences. This is painting 113 in my Painting A Day Series. Painting Sold.

1 Comments:

Blogger Peter Yesis said...

You get a star for trying something new. And you have a great story in the picture as well. Two stars. I can't wait to see more of these.

5:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker