Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Lilly Pads by Darren Maurer


5" x 7"
This painting of lilly pads was an interesting one to me. There were three different levels or surfaces to capture in this painting. The bottom of the pond, the surface of the water, and the lilly pads themselves. All three were different yet they all had to be done correctly to make this look right. I have always liked the challenge of painting water so this was a natural painting for me to want to do. This is painting 108 in my Painting A Day Series. Painting Sold

6 Comments:

Blogger Peter Yesis said...

Wonderful painting.You really caught the plants floating on the surface. Bravo!

8:54 AM  
Blogger Luis Colan said...

I agree with Peter! The way the Lilly Pads are floating is amazing, you were able to capture the different surfaces you were looking for.

7:54 PM  
Blogger Mark Anderson said...

Wow. I really like this painting, and you did get the water perfectly. I like the colors too.

9:08 AM  
Blogger Larry Seiler said...

has a nice feel to it...a larger painter feel, with good aesthetic variation and cohesive harmony. Good luck with its posting on eBay...sure you'll see it gone quickly.

1:36 PM  
Blogger Maggie Stiefvater said...

You do beautiful work -- and this one, with the pads so convincingly floating on top of the water -- very well done.

7:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is my favorite work so far. Not because of the subject matter this time, but for the artistry. It is perfect.

7:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker