Sunday, October 01, 2006

Displaying Daily Paintings at an Art Show


I thought some of the daily painters might like to see a bunch of daily paintings all hung together. I was a guest artist at an art show Saturday evening. Here is a photo of the remaining unsold miniature paintings. I thought they all looked pretty cool hanging together. We hung them by cutting some black plastic into 48"x3" strips and making a hook for one end of each piece of plastic. We then cut narrow pieces of black velcro (fuzzy side) and ran it down the center of each strip of plastic. All we had to do then was cut little pieces of velcro (hooks side) to attach at the top and bottom of each painting and then just stick the paintings to the strip of pastic. The rows of paintings were then hung by the hook from my display panels. We also had some different frames available to show people what the paintings would look like framed. It was easy to just pull one off and put it in the frame and then put it right back. A few of the miniatures sold along with two larger pieces and I also made some good business contacts for commission paintings in the future so the evening was successful. If anybody is interested in seeing or purchasing any remaining miniatures they can be found by going through the archieve section of my blog. If anyone wants a quick little drawing of the hanging strips let me know and I can email a drawing of how they go together.

8 Comments:

Blogger Vivienne said...

They look great Darren...I'm pleased it went so well for you. Please do send me a sketch of the set-up, it may come in handy for me when I do the art fair..that way I won't need to frame everything.

6:07 PM  
Blogger Takeyce said...

Congrats on a successful show, Darren!

6:33 PM  
Blogger Jeffrey Hayes said...

Hey Darren,

That's a really compelling display - I like the "miniature masterpieces" sign over the board. It's got a very professional look to it. Congrats on the sales!

10:09 PM  
Blogger Luis Colan said...

Hi Darren, congratulations on the show and the business you got from it. The "miniature" paintings look great as a group!

luis

8:08 PM  
Blogger Peter Yesis said...

American ingenuity at it's best. Congratulations on a successful show.

8:21 PM  
Blogger David said...

Very cool. Thanks for sharing your set up and hanging tips! They really look great as a group. Would make a neat postcard, too.

8:10 PM  
Blogger Candy Barr said...

Darren, thanks for sharing, and bravo for your prolific, competent work!
If you made the sketch for Vivienne, and still have it, I'd love to see it too.

4:27 AM  
Blogger Jeanie LeCompte said...

what a clever & simple idea! Very good that you brought along frame samples as well to help people see the finished product.

3:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker