Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Vintage Duck Decoy #1 by Darren Maurer


6" x 8"
Some of you have seen and heard my stories and adventures of finding and collecting antique fishing equipment. Well, I also have a passion for carved and factory made antique duck and goose decoys. This one is included in my collection and I decided to paint it tonight. This decoy has a cork body with a carved wooden head. It would have had a glass eye set into a hole in the head but the glass eye is missing from this side of the decoy. Old decoys all have a story to tell. This is painting 103 in my Painting A Day Series. Painting Sold

3 Comments:

Blogger Peter Yesis said...

This is a great painting! I love the color and texture, it feels very old.
Terrific job!

8:10 AM  
Blogger PaintingEachDay said...

Lovely.

7:11 PM  
Blogger One He Loves said...

I love this painting! Great atmosphere!

4:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker