Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Celebration Cake by Darren Maurer


5" x 7"
This is my one-hundredth daily painting I've done since starting this blog back in March. I wanted to do a painting that would also be a celebration. What says celebration more than a piece of cake? The challenge to this painting was the white cake on the white plate. The plate was picking up some local color and giving it a very light purple cast but the frosting on the cake wasn't getting the same effect. I don't know how well you can see it in the painting but it looks nice with the very light purple on the plate next to the warm colors of the cake itself. I did eat this piece of cake and will go running in the morning. By the way, did I mention this is painting 100 in my Painting A Day Series? Painting Sold

5 Comments:

Blogger Alisha K. Ard said...

Darren,

Congratulations on painting 100 Miniature Masterpieces! The cake looks delicious!

4:35 PM  
Blogger Darren Maurer said...

It was!

9:41 PM  
Blogger Peter Yesis said...

Congratulations on reaching the 100 mile post. You deserve a big pat on the back. So many people have been inspired and helped by your work over those 100 posts. I am one of those who will always be grateful you started.

6:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Darren!!

5:57 PM  
Blogger Jeffrey Hayes said...

That's a real accomplishment - congratulations!

9:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker