Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Monopoly Game Board by Darren Maurer


8" x 10"
As kids my sister and I used to play Monopoly whenever we had nothing else to do. When I look back it must have been quite often. Just the two of us. One against the other. Plotting and scheming our next move to throw the other into financial ruin. Wheeling and dealing in huge amounts of multi-colored fake money, trades, and trickery. Now I watch and listen to my daughters doing the same thing. The older one proudly claims she has never been beaten at the game and wants me to enter her into a Monopoly tournament in Vegas. I told her it sounds fun and maybe she should hold her own tournament and use the benefits for a worthy cause in our own hometown. More on that later. I am going to offer 8" x 10" paintings every once in awhile from now on. By the way, this is painting 83 in my Painting A Day Series. Painting Sold

3 Comments:

Blogger Peter Yesis said...

I think this is one of the best. The composition, color, light and values all work extremely well. I like the change to 8X10 also.
Thanks for including me on your "Links" list
Now get back to work!

7:09 AM  
Blogger "van Vliet" Art Blog said...

Excellent portrayal of an American iconic game. I used to play this til late at night with my friends. We would keep the bank on paper til we were millionaries. We allowed as many hotels as you could afford along with increases rent and borrow from the bank at 10% per round turn. Great painting, I watch them regularly.

7:25 AM  
Blogger Luis Colan said...

I must agreet with Peter Yesis's comment...you have a dynamic composition going in this small painting. The color is great, the subtlety of the monopoly green with the vibrant reds of the little house and the "go", they all create a perfect harmony. Take care.

Luis

6:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker