Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Ford Mustang Logo by Darren Maurer


5" x 7"
I found this Ford Mustang, which was in pristine condition by the way, on a recent trip. The logo of the famous mustang was catching some sunlight and was almost glowing against the flat black color of the grill. I wanted to complete a painting of the many different angles and chrome surfaces on the logo and try to capture all of the brilliance. This is painting 80 in my Painting A Day Series. I might miss a few days of painting for a short time. I am working on my entry for the Federal Duck Stamp Contest and the deadline is August 15th. The Federal Duck Stamp painting is small but extremely detailed and usually takes me anywhere from 80 to 120 hours to complete. I will still keep painting my miniatures, but it will be difficult to average one a day until my duck stamp design is finished. Painting Sold.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker