Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Nebraska Sandhills by Darren Maurer


8" x 8"
This is a little landscape of the Nebraska Sandhills that I painted today. I just returned last week from a five day fishing trip at the Valentine National Wildlife Refuge south of Valentine, Nebraska. I have been fishing this area for the past 25 plus years and it is one of my favorite places on earth. This is Nebraska's big sky country and I purposely painted the sky towering over a field of native grasses and wild flowers.. This painting would hit a soft spot of anyone from Nebraska. I am offering this painting for sale on the blog only. This is painting 64 in my Painting A Day Series. Painting Sold

1 Comments:

Blogger Nolan said...

The Sandhills are definatly one of my most favorite places on Earth! Good call with showing the never ending sky and the rolling sandhills - that really captures the unique character.

12:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker