Tuesday, September 12, 2006

First Ball Glove by Darren Maurer



6" x 8"
I can remember getting my first baseball glove very well. I had to "work it in" by bending, folding, oiling and playing catch with it for hours before it was eventually deemed worthy enough of actually using it in a real baseball game. I used that glove for years and I still have it today. We found this glove on a trip last summer inside an old general store in Wyoming. They had an antique area in the upper level of the store and when I saw the glove I photographed it on the floor in the light coming through a window. It would be interesting to know who worked this glove in a long time ago. This is painting 99 in my Painting A Day Series. Painting Sold

1 Comments:

Blogger Peter Yesis said...

A great painting with a great story, my favorite combo. Terrific!

7:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker